Join now - be part of our community!

Inactive voice recognition engine

profile.country.DK.title
Boma-r
Explorer

Inactive voice recognition engine

Hi

How do I activate the voice recognition engine on my experia 10 IV, so I can use translation apps. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @Boma-r 

You can search in the accessibility settings for a feature called Live Transcribe. Also, you can use the transcribe feature of the Google Keyboard by tapping the mic icon on the keyboard.

profile.country.DK.title
Boma-r
Explorer

Hi The Maze. 

Thank you so much for your answer.

I've been through the accessibility menu, like you said, but I an very sorry to say that I could not find any live transcribe.

I don't use the Gboard keyboard, but I tried it like you said, and when I push the mic icon, it tells me that the app doesn't support speech input. 

But again thank you so much for trying to help me. If you got any other ideas I will be happy to try em out. Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Try these steps and let me know the outcome:

Open your phone's Settings app and head to System > Languages & input. Here, select Virtual keyboard. You'll see entries here for each of your installed keyboards, in addition to a Google voice typing item. Tap this Google voice typing item to make sure everything is set up the way you want. In particular, make sure you have the right Language dialect selected.

profile.country.DK.title
Boma-r
Explorer

Hi The Maze. 

Thank you again for all your help.

I had somebody take a look at my phone. He hooked it up to his computer and ran a program called platform tools, he found the deactivated voice recognition engine, activated it. And now everything works.

Again thanks for taking an interest in helping me.