Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print scanner disappeared

profile.country.GB.title
Beetlebum69
Explorer

Finger print scanner disappeared

I have an Xperia 1. Latest Android update installed yesterday. fingerprint scanner seems to have disappeared. I've looked on lockscreen settings and it doesn't seem to be there. Pin only. Very annoying. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

What if

Screenshot_20210204-014921.png

you type finger in settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Beetlebum69 

I hope not, but if your situation it's like mine, then the fingerprint sensor doesn't work

go to 

settings > support > Xperia tests > scroll to the bottom > Fingerprint sensor 

if you get to the part to scan your fingerprint but it doesn't read anything then it seems like a hardware issue.

You could still reinstall the latest update with Xperia Companion, make sure that you backup everything 

profile.country.GB.title
Beetlebum69
Explorer

It doesn't recognise my fingerprint or even that I am putting my thumb there. Will try a few restarts and see if it works. Total nightmare for online banking.

profile.country.GB.title
Beetlebum69
Explorer

Very odd. Did a restart. Then ran fingerprint sensor. The sweet spot seems to be much smaller after the latest Android update and I have had to take my case off to get it to work. It worked which is a relief. Always seems to be the fingerprint sensor every update. Thanks for help both of you.

profile.country.GB.title
sean4080
Explorer

This happened to me after the latest update... When the phone is switched completely off then back on, you will lose your finger print security.

However, when the phone is restarted (not off & on) the finger print security scanner etc works.

Sony update problem... So, unfortunately, don't switch completely off, just restart to keep the finger print sensor working