Join now - be part of our community!

Fingerprint scanner option has now disappeared

Carloback295
Visitor

Fingerprint scanner option has now disappeared

As well as the problems everyone has been having with the fingerprint scanner, the option to register/reset scanner has now completely disappeared from the settings. 

Only a few days ago I had re- registered my fingerprints and it was working reasonably well again. 

But now, it has stopped working completely and under 'security' the only option I now have is 'screen lock' so I have no way of resetting and re registering my fingerprint. 

Aside from trying a factory reset which I am loathe to do, is there anything else I can do to bring this back?

I am not very tech savvy either. 

Many thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
Carloback295
Visitor

Just bumping this one up. 

Can I get someone from Sony to answer please?

Some more info... 

Entering *#*#7378423#*#* into the dialer, the fingerprint option is now missing... Screenshot_20200124-091406.png

It is also missing from the settings/security menu... 

Screenshot_20200124-091432.png

The only place it is showing is under settings/support/xperia testsScreenshot_20200124-091528.png

Screenshot_20200124-091539.png

Screenshot_20200124-091553.png

Screenshot_20200124-091453.png

But when I do this, it either does NOTHING or just timeouts as it cannot read fingerprint and makes me do it over and over again with zero success. 

Presumably it is a hardware failure. 

PLEASE CAN  SOMEONE FROM SONY ASSIST ME? 

Yekollu
Contributor

FYI , Sony has abandoned this forum a couple of years back and is soon shutting this forum down

Carloback295
Visitor

And this is the message I get when I try to register through the only option I have left, via the Xperia tests...Screenshot_20200128-092046.png

I've also updated to the latest software version that showed up this morning, faintly hoping this would help but to no avail. 

Surely I can't be the only one who has lost the fingerprint scanner completely???

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Have  you attempted a full reset, or indeed contacted your local repair centre, to have it serviced..If not, why not?

Carloback295
Visitor

Yeah, just did a factory reset but it didn't solve anything. Sending it back to Vodafone for a repair unfortunately. Thanks anyway. 

profile.country.US.title
Krinandez

Android 11, fingerprint worked last night. I wake up and now it's gone. What happened? The only place fingerprint shows is TESTS, but it won't let me complete the test or register a print. 

Arutter
New

I'm having the same issue.

Nothing has been released to say how or when they are going to fix it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, there are no Sony rep. who communicate here, but you can reach there support line if you want to report this matter for them. However, the fingerprint sensor issue is happening recently to the phones that received the android 11 update and the fingerprint sensor completely disappeared in the settings menu. But I think there will be a software version to rectify this issue that will be released soon.

bLaZeR666_uk1
Explorer

What the hell.. It is so annoying.