Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 stuck in boot loop

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

KD-55XD9305 stuck in boot loop

Just turned the tv (KD-55XD9305) and it seems to be stuck in a loop, ie Sony logo > animated logo > Sony logo > animated logo over and over again. I've turned the tv off at the wall for over 5 mins and unplugged all devices but every time it comes back on it keeps doing the same.

Is there a soft reset or a factory reset key combination I can try?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.PT.title
huconce
Expert

Hi @TudRich

I think that for Your problem You need to contact a Service Center near You.

Because the only way I know to reboot the system You need the TV on.

Cheers

Hugo

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

I've spoken to my local Sony Centre who asked me to try a few options (including soft reset) but none of them worked. Got to call Service Centre, looks like an engineer is going to have to come out and reset the tv's software.

Was told only way to factory reset was from the system but I can't as the tv won't start up.

As it's an Android system, you would have thought there would have been another way to reset the tv, like on your phone, table, computer etc.

I've had a few isses with the tv including having a new power board fitted so I'm not really happy about this.

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Forgot to ask, has anyone else had the same problem?

How was it fixed?

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

You can do a factory reset by using the side buttons on the KD-55XD9305. You have to turn off the power, press and hold both the power and volume down buttons then turn the power back on. When the white LED light turn green, release both buttons. A white glowing circle will appear on the screen for a short time then the tv will turn itself off and back on twice. It will only work when you use the side buttons on the tv and not the remote.

It did't fix my tv but it's worth knowing.

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Quick update. I have spoken to Sony EU as the tv is under warranty. They booked in a repair with local engineer who called today, he thinks the main board has been currupted and needs changing, also software re-installed. Waiting to hear when the board will arrive.

profile.country.PT.title
huconce
Expert

Yeah I mean... :confused:

That could be the only solution if nothing else worked.

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

@TudRich wrote:

Quick update. I have spoken to Sony EU as the tv is under warranty. They booked in a repair with local engineer who called today, he thinks the main board has been currupted and needs changing, also software re-installed. Waiting to hear when the board will arrive.

if the mainboards been corrupted id be very interested how this has happened, as im assuming its either a app or a sony update thats done this. unless the engineer said that rather than saying fried. either way would be nice to know incase my 9305 does this in the future. 

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Engineer coming out Thursday. Yes, it will be interesting to see what caused the problem.