Join now - be part of our community!

kd-65xg8796 picture slightly sticking

profile.country.GB.title
Johnshell
Explorer

kd-65xg8796 picture slightly sticking

hi, just wondering if anyone can help, as I'm not the best with TV's. 

I recently bought this tv, and I also have sky Q, when playing netflix or Disney + it doesn't seem to run a smooth picture, for example, if what I'm watching is panning across a shot, it will be sticking as it goes across the scene, how ever its not buffering or stopping or anything, its only very slight but it just doesn't seem to play smooth. I dont have this issue watching TV channels. And I had a Sony bravia from 2014 and never had this problem then either. But since this new model I do. I'm not sure if there is something in the settings I need to adjust?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, its the best way i can explain it!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

From your description it seems judder and it may depend on the different sources you are using (being 24hz for movies or 50hz for broadcasting). In order to correctly manage 24Hz content you should set motion to off and Film mode to on (or auto I don't know exactly which option you have)

profile.country.GB.title
Johnshell
Explorer

Yes, judder is a better way to describe it! I will do what you suggested and see if it works! Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnshell
Explorer

Ok, so I have done what is suggested, but it hasnt worked. The film mode is set to auto (dont have the option to turn it on.) And motion is off.

Any other ideas as this is driving me crazy.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnshell
Explorer

Now I have actually tried playing things through the Apps on the tv, rather than the sky Q box, and I dont seem to get the issue. It only happens when using Sky Q. Seems strange. How ever I never had this problem with the older Bravia.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

IT is not easy to understand what you are seeing and how much you are sensible to motion. Since a 24p movie is inherently not smooth, you may want to try to add up some motion interpolation (raising motion flow). It will create some so-called SOE (soap opera effect) but maybe you like it better

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Johnshell  ha scritto:

Now I have actually tried playing things through the Apps on the tv, rather than the sky Q box, and I dont seem to get the issue. It only happens when using Sky Q. Seems strange. How ever I never had this problem with the older Bravia.

I assumed you were using the internal app. For viewing via skyQ (I don't know why you should use it), you have a source that is 24p, than the decoder that I think is not capable to send a 24p signal to the TV but will always send 50/60 hz applying a conversion and than the tv should convert it back ... too complex and skyq decoder are not known for high quality

profile.country.GB.title
Johnshell
Explorer

I see, I used the sky q because the previous Sony bravia I had was quiet slow to use as a smart TV, it was 2014 model. So it was force of habit to use what is installed on sky q.

Now I understand its better to use the New tvs apps rather than sky q!

Thank you