Join now - be part of our community!

XH9505 Motion flow problem with judder

profile.country.GB.title
newcastlelad
Explorer

XH9505 Motion flow problem with judder

Hi everyone I hope its okay to make a new thread about this.

The problem is I bought the TV a month ago and while watching native TV apps like Netflix and Disney plus there was a judder present but after researching online found the fix for this was to set motion flow to custom and put smoothing to min and clearness to min and I kind of forgot what the other setting is called cinemaflow? and put this to auto.

After these changes everything was perfectly smooth and no judder at all but after about a week I noticed the judder had came back so I went to settings and found out now with having the settings both on min it produces a bad judder and the only way to get it watchable is to put motion flow on auto but the picture is still not as smooth as the min min used to be.

I reset the TV to factory settings but the custom min min settings still produce the bad judder. I also bought a Sony sound bar a few weeks ago and I thought maybe this had been the problem but after the factory reset and just using the TV speakers the same happened.

Thanks for reading hope someone can help.

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
CyberWoogy

@HannahEd01  The developer options menu is a hangover of the Android operating system. As such, the end user can't do anything untoward that would impact the performance of the TV's processor and there's no huge risk to the end user or the hardware. This is underlined by the fact any changes made can be easily reversed simply by exiting the developer options mode or factory resetting the TV.

That's not to say you should go meddling with things you don't understand.

The instructions given in the video above merely increases the size of the memory cache, nothing more and any perceived increase in performance observed is placebo

Settings that will negatively impact the performance of the TV and can potentially impact the performance of the TV's processor are quite rightly hidden in the service menu and only a fool would attempt to access that.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi CyberWoogy, thank you for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I have reach out to Sony and they pretty much said the same with a huge warning not to use these options otherwise the OS cannot be guaranteed.