Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32EX403 No Freeview HD Chanels on TV Guide

profile.country.en_GB.title
IanSill
Visitor

KDL-32EX403 No Freeview HD Chanels on TV Guide

Purchased this TV yesterday and when digital auto tune found 96 chanels but I have NO Freeview HD chanels showing on the TV Guide. TV came with Firmware version PKG4.068EVL-0107 and I see this has been supeceeded. Will the is the new version likely to give me the HD channels?

How can I view Freeview HD on this TV?

6 REPLIES 6
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi IanSill, I have the same telly. I get HD alright. What part of the country are you in? I'm in the Granada region which has had Feeview HD transmissons since January. Check out http://www.freeview.co.uk/HD to see if your region is transmitting Freeview HD. The firmware shouldn't make any difference.

IanSill
Visitor

Hi slowtrain. Sorry I forgot to mention I receive signals from the main Sutton Coldfield transmitter which gives Freeview HD in my area. I have good reception of all non HD channels but no HD. Signal test shows 97

slowtrain
Visitor

Have you tried looking up to channels 50, 51 & 52? That's where the HD channels start from. Other than that it will be a technical issue you have to take up with Sony.

IanSill
Visitor

Think I know what the problem is....

In my area it turns out that the Freeview HD signals do not come from the main Sutton Coldfield transmitter that all the over none HD channels come from!

They come from a temporary low power transmitter at Litchfield which would require a change in aerial direction. apparently HD will not come from Sutton Coldfield until September 2011. I can see a lot of people in the Midlands will have problems with Freeview HD until then. Pitty it is not made clear when you buy the TV.

niklas333
Visitor

I have the same problem in London E8! I guess it's weak signal then?

slowtrain
Visitor

Hi niklas

Have you checked the signal quality and strength. This can be found in Settings>Product Support>System Information. I mostly get 100 on both, with the strength dropping down to 99 at times.

Have you upgraded your aerial since DSO? If not it may be time to do this perhaps.