Join now - be part of our community!

Big problem with Sony Vaio SVE14A3C5E

xoorus
New

Big problem with Sony Vaio SVE14A3C5E

Hi, I updated to Windows 8.1 and now  my Vaio (SVE14A3C5E Touchscreen) has a lot of problems.

Before the updating to 8.1, I installed all available updates from Vaio Update and Windows Update. I also updated all my apps and drivers. After I installed 8.1 I ran Vaio update and Windows update again.

Now it has a lot of issues especially with the Metro apps. Lots of metro apps will crash the computer upon opening them. Example the Xbox games app when I open that and try to use it it fails to update my info and stats and after a few minutes it will grind the computer to a halt, everything slows down to a point where it just freezes up for about 20 mins. If I don't use any Metro Apps the computer works ok as in it won't crash but it is still running slower than before 8.1.

I contacted Sony support and they told me to restore to factory settings which I did and I spent hours going through the process again following all the advice available on sony support and any other advice and again when I completed the process I have the exact same problem. This notebook isn't even 6 months old so I am pretty dissapointed with it now as before 8.1 it was perfect.

0 REPLIES 0