Join now - be part of our community!

Replacing the hard drive in a Vaio SVE1511A1EW/overheating laptopp

annmrry
New

Replacing the hard drive in a Vaio SVE1511A1EW/overheating laptopp

Hello,

I need to replace the hard drive in a Vaio  SVE1511A1EW and would be grateful if someone could guide me towards a recommended replacement. 

Another problem  is overheating. The laptop was two days over 1 year old when it stopped working, and had been overheating badly. Is there any way to stop/prevent this? 

I'd be grateful for any help. 

Thank you.

Ann

2 REPLIES 2
Challis1991

For the hard drive simply remove the old one and note the make and model, Google and purchase an exact replacement. After googling your specific model it is safe to state that any hard drive of 2.5" in size with the sata comnector should be an adaequate replacement.

As for the over heating ensure that there is nothing blocking the vents during operation, that the fan is starting up (otherwise the fan may not be working and thus will need replacement) and finally whilst you are inside of the laptop removing the hard drive then ensure the internals are dust free.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@Challis1991 wrote:

For the hard drive simply remove the old one and note the make and model, Google and purchase an exact replacement. After googling your specific model it is safe to state that any hard drive of 2.5" in size with the sata comnector should be an adaequate replacement.

Hi annmrry make sure the replacement drive you purchase has the same bytes per sector format as your old HDD drive because I suspect the new Advanced Format HDD will not be compaitble with the recovery discs that you hopefully have created.