Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio - SVF1531C5E (LOUD CLICKING NOISE)

profile.country.en_GB.title
tajtahir
Explorer

Sony Vaio - SVF1531C5E (LOUD CLICKING NOISE)

I recently purchased the Sony Vaio Laptop and have found a loud clicking noise coming from the hard drive compartment however I am not entirely sure where the sound is coming from.

Another person has uploaded the same issue.

Please can a Sony MOD sort this issue out or I will have to return it.

2 REPLIES 2
Challis1991

If its comstantly clicking as in the moment you switch it on to the moment you switch it off, its likely to be a dodgy hard drive. However, there is an audiable beep that Sony Vaio Flip owners get from their Hard Drive on a random basis and the beep is about four tones... if you are talking about this then i believe its the accelermoter protection on the hard drive i.e. to prevent data loss when the laptop is dropped the hard drive switches off, i believe the audiable beep happens if you pick the laptop up too quickly whilst its writing data and is letting the user know the acceleromter has been activated.

EdJC87
Explorer

I've got the same problem with my SVE1513C5E. 8 months old and the diagnostic tool for the hard drive finds an error it is unable to fix. It can no longer load Windows (this happened ~1 month after I first noticed the clicking).

Tags (2)