Join now - be part of our community!

[SVP1321C5E] Wifi sucks, VAIO update doesn't work

adam.todorovic
Explorer

[SVP1321C5E] Wifi sucks, VAIO update doesn't work

The laptop came with W8 + a ***** ton of useless ***** like McAfee. Used that for like 2 months until I couldn't stand W8 and all the useless preinstalled ***** on the HDD. I thought downgrading from W8 to W7 would fix some issues LIKE THE WIFI ISSUE (SERIOUSLY??? DO WE LIVE IN THE STONEAGES? 60 kb/s download speed IS THE MAXIMUM SPEED..... it's just ridicoulus. I don't recommend anyone to buy this ***** laptop if you're living in the 21th century beause it's designed/developed for the 5th century imo.

So well why not ask support some questions you never will be able to solve.

1. The wifi is the worst I've seen in my whole life. My nokia 3310 has better connection than the vaio "pro" (yes very pro indeed......) 13.

Hmm have I tried to solve this? Yes, I've installed the latest wifi drivers

http://www.sony.se/support/sv/product/SVP1321C5E/downloads/EP0000307157_8878

http://www.sony.se/support/sv/product/SVP1321C5E/downloads/EP0000306999_8876

+ all other drivers for the computer under the Windows 7 tab here

http://www.sony.se/support/sv/product/SVP1321C5E/updates

(Took me like 1-2 days to download all drivers because the wifi is extremly ****ty on this laptop.)

So when I'd installed all drivers, the wifi drivers etc the my download speed increased from 20 kb/s to 60 kb/s. ***** that's some mad speeds, almost feeling like I'm on dreamhack while browsing the internet with thouse insane fast speeds............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2. Well after that I figured hmm Vaio Update would be good to have on the laptop because then I'll automaticly receive the latest drivers. NO NO NO NO you can't install it on your laptop because

"Installation failed...detailed information for your vaio could not be acquired"

Start browsing the internet after a solution and find some threads/posts on this forum with just useless crap like

"install this first Sony Share library, VAIO Control Center, and Sony Extension Parser."

Do you think it worked? As with everything with this laptop NO IT DID NOT.

I'm extremly dissapointed.

5 REPLIES 5
dajewo
New

I have the same issue with WiFi connectivity with my Vaio Fit 14E (Model: SVF1421X1EB), Vaio updates and reinstalling WiFi card driver did not solve the issue. The connection is fine with other deviced connected to the network. The WiFi connection keeps dropping on different networks, not just one.

It seems like it's a widespread issue with the Broadcom cards fitted in the recent models of Vaio laptops (just read online forums!). It is highly disappointing considering I have paid for the laptop.

pegylaptop
Explorer
adam.todorovic
Explorer

1 Verify that the latest wireless adapter driver has been downloaded and installed.

Yes it's the latest.

2 Adjust the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz.

There is no "Bandwidth Capability" for me under the Advanced tab.

3 Modify the Wireless Network Properties

There is no "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)" box to tick.

4 Disable the Minimum Power Consumption setting.

There is no "Minimum Power Consumption" under the Advanced tab.

5 Adjust the Wireless Encryption type of the Router.

There is nothing wrong with my router encryption.

6 Adjust the wireless channel on the Router.

Are u kidding me? 100% bs, my other computers work fine except this ****ty vaio.

Roynie
Explorer

OK, this was a real pain for me too. However, I have cracked the problem.

If you go to the downloaded folder for Wireless_LAN_Driver_Broadcom and click on the folder and then select the EP*****  Wireless LAN driver folder then on the menu bar at the top select Extract all files it will then extract and install the driver.

I don't know why this rubbish software does this, it was the only folder that I had to extract, all of the other worked without doing it. It is very poor piece od software testing and consistency from Sony. It was, probably Broadcom's fault but Sony gets the blame because they should insist on a corporate standard from their suppliers.

adam.todorovic
Explorer

Thanks, finally something that did made a difference. I'm still experiencing dc's etc though and it just feels super slow to use internet on this laptop.