Join now - be part of our community!

vaio fit svf1521a2ew clicking noise hdd?? also slow wi fi now fixed pls help

mrtombo
Explorer

vaio fit svf1521a2ew clicking noise hdd?? also slow wi fi now fixed pls help

hi all i registerd on the u.s on accident and got my 1 week old vaio slow wi fi sorted mcafee was causing it however i lovemy laptop but im worried at a strange clicking noise comin from the hard drive is thisnormal? when ever i slightly move it it sounds like its rebooting or somethin iv looked at a few forums and hoping my hard drive dosent fail as its only a week old if that im tempted to get a refund with the little probs iv had i had a vaio vpcee series and it was fantastic however this 1 seems to be poorly made any ideas if this is normal ???

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
EdwardGB
New

Hello, 
I've had a few build quality issues too. However, I beleive the click when the computer is moved is the hard-drive's "drop protection" stopping it spinning (to avoid damage). However, I had my hard drive replaced under warramty and this feature is no longer available for me - it seems they've replaced it with a cheaper HDD! My hard drive - both old and new - makes a CONSTANT buzzing / clicking sound. I didn't have this on any older computers and it is driving me MAD!!!! The internet is also slower than family / friend's laptops (and i'll get one bar of signal where they get full!). 

I short, I wish I'd bought another HP. Never again Sony..... 

shabana123
Explorer

im having wifi issues. it only works in the room of router and no other room

can i ask how you solved your problem with wifi issues?