Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio svf15a1b4e with adapter+SSD?

ersard
New

Vaio svf15a1b4e with adapter+SSD?

Hi community, I'm here because in internet does not appear so much information about this model of vaio.

I want to get a SSD for my vaio svf15a1b4e, i opened my Vaio and saw that it have no slots for another hd or ssd, but i found a solution, an adapter dvd sata, this -> http://goo.gl/aA2CnP

-What do you think about it? this sata port is slower than the hd sata?

-My motherboard support SATAIII? or the SSD speed will be decreased and it will be worth??

THANKS!!!!!!!!! hope you can help me!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Challis1991

Firstly if you are wanting to replace your HDD with an SSD you will have to take apart the laptop and remove the current HDD and replace it with an SSD.

Secondly, the DVD adapter is no good if your laptop is the Sony VAIO multi flip as this has no DVD drive... If it does then assuming you never want to use the DVD facility in your laptop by all means remove it, although you may end up with a mismatched case.

However or whatever you do in order for you to see any advantage the SSD will need to be your primary drive meaning it will need to contain the contents of your OS and programs. Therefore this will leave your HDD as a storage only drive if you like so in my opinion you are better off simply replacing it.