Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update not showing updates

johnyVAIO
Explorer

VAIO Update not showing updates

i just restored windows and wanted to update all the vaio softs automaticlly, but vaio update program didnt find any even if there are planty to download

12 REPLIES 12
johnyVAIO
Explorer

whats going on with VAIO Update?? is it a client side problem or server problem?

JayKannan

In my case it's stuck on the same graphics profile update that keeps showing up even after I go through the process over and over.

PaulB255
Explorer

Same here, and if i click on any of the updates (there are 3) i get a Page Not Found on the sony website 😠

profile.country.GB.title
skaria9
Explorer

Graphics Profile not updating successfully, and now Serial IO Driver (Intel) stuck in the same status.  Page not found when you click on the updates to find out more information.

Just another indicator of Sony's good hardware supported by not so good software.

Seems we are going to live with this issue guys!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi all,

Can you all please provide your Vaio product numbers so that this can be escalated?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
PaulB255
Explorer

I'm having the same issue, the same 3 updates are showing that don't install correctly and if I click each of them I get a "Page Not Found" webserver error.

Also, if I install the graphics driver update, I lose the ability to alter the screen brightness in the Windows 8.1 Charms > Settings menu.

This has been happening for over a month now.

Is there anybody still working at Sony? What the hell is going on over there??

Edit: when you say "can you provide your product numbers", do you mean in this thread? To you in a PM? Nothing on your profile or signature tells me that you're an official Sony representative.

sgdavies

Hi Paul, I think Sony, financially are in the "doo doo", and they cant afford support.. :zipper_mouth:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi PaulB255,

I am not an official Sony representative, just a Vaio user like you, but do have the ability to bring this problem to the attention of someone within Sony that may be able to investigate/provide help. The more information we can provide the better chance we have of getting a resolution.

If you can provide (in this thread) both your product number and confirmation of the three updates that fail to install I will pass this on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
PaulB255
Explorer

Fair enough Rich, anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

My product number is:

SVD1321Z9EB

The three updates are:

Serial IO Driver (Intel)

Manual Contents Update

Graphics Profile Update

Just as an FYI, the last update does install OK, however, it seems to be buggy like I mentioned in my previous post, I can no longer adjust screen brightness using the built in Windows slider bar adjuster. So I rolled this driver back to the previous version from the Sony Driver page as it seemed dodgy.

All three items link to a 404 server error page. For the Serial IO Driver (Intel) update item, the URL it's trying to reach is:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/info/en/EP0000310290.xml

Hope that helps.