Join now - be part of our community!

Refund problem - Case ID 9341103

SOLVED
cezdumbr
Explorer

Refund problem - Case ID 9341103

I been purchase and £650 laptop last year from Currys shop Evesham. It's been clicking since I bought it but never imagine it could be the hard drive. So because a friend knew much than me on laptops he told me to take it back as it could be a hard drive problem. So on beggining of october I took it back to Currys as is still was in the guarantee. After 4 weeks I decided to take a short visit to the shop and ask about my laptop. They told me that my laptop is with Sony and is still with them, probably unfixed. So after that visit I decided to call Sony directly and to ask about a quick update on my case. They told me that it hasn't been fixed yet because they are still waiting for the part. I was shoked, as it's been 1 month gone and my laptop still was not been fixed. After 1 week I receive a phone call from Sony, and I been told that my laptop is not going to be fixed anymore from unknown reason and I will receive a full refund. I got an email on the same day asking me to send a copy of my receipt with how much I paid and full bank details. This was in 13th november and I still haven't receive any mail back or an update regarding my payment since that day. I don't know how much long I have to wait. I been having only sony laptops since 2007 but I'm just thinking to buy something else from now on as the customers service from Sony is ridiculous. 

My case ID is: 9341103

Is anyone could help me? I want to know why is it taking so long. Where is my refund gone? What can I do? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi again,
Have an update for you..
I have been informed that your VAIO has been returned to the Evesham Currys store, so it may be worth contacting them to arrange collection..
Also hopefully someone from Sony support should be in contact with you soon..
Can you confirm that Currys have your Vaio and also let us know once Sony support have been in contact please.?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Cezbumbr,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
Not promising anything but I have asked one of my contacts if they can investigate this for you, IF I receive any information I'll update this thread..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi again,
Have an update for you..
I have been informed that your VAIO has been returned to the Evesham Currys store, so it may be worth contacting them to arrange collection..
Also hopefully someone from Sony support should be in contact with you soon..
Can you confirm that Currys have your Vaio and also let us know once Sony support have been in contact please.?
cezdumbr
Explorer

Thanks. I will go there personally tomorrow to ask them. They told me that they will call me if they get my laptop back. I don't think they have it. I will let you know as soon I found out. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciating!
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@cezdumbr wrote:
Thanks. I will go there personally tomorrow to ask them.

Would you update this thread once you've visted the currys store tomorrow please.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Thalamus. wrote:

@cezdumbr wrote:
Thanks. I will go there personally tomorrow to ask them.

Would you update this thread once you've visted the currys store tomorrow please.?

Can you update us please cezdubr, did the Curry's store have your Vaio & if so is it working ok now.?