Hero

@Nickowls 

What update?

How delivered?

What model of TV?

What make and model of soundbar?

Connected to the TV how?
What used to work and no longer does?
What have you tried in order to fix this?

(I am presuming you have at least power cycled both devices, but what else, if anything?)

And please put yourself in our shoes and think if any other information you have (past problems, for instance) might help.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

I have an old Sony BDV-E370 Home Theatre System that no longer works through HDMI ARC to my Sony KD-55FX8796 tv since the latest update v6.6545 have been going back and forth with with Sony support repeating myself quite often I was asked to try it with a different TV (Samsung Series 5).

I did this yesterday and low and behold it worked like a dream. So not a problem with the BDV-E370 but the TV

I am waiting to see what they come up with next.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@richardmaureen0403 really weird that they didn't ask you to install the very latest firmware https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf85xx_x85xxf_xf87xx-series/kd-55xf8796/d... unless you mistyped the actual version you already have

profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

Hi @rooobb 

No it was v6.6545 but have now updated to v6.6555 but it makes not difference at all. I have not had a reply from support yet but expect they will want me to.

1. Unplug for at least 1 minute

2. Do a full reset of the TV

and try again a full reset is a b***** pain as I have to get back some apps Disney+ etc and edit the channel list to get all the HD back to the top instead of having to press red/HD in Youview to get them to the top. Why can't Sony give us Freeview Play in the UK will keep you posted. Thanks' 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Detaching the hdmi cable and power should be enough. Than re-enable the bravia sync connection using the function on the tv just to be sure: it will send the command also to the BDV. Verify that speakers are set to external .

Unfortunately sometime it could be mandatory to make a factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

Hi @rooobb 

That doesn't work I had an online chat with support and they asked for more info, some I had already given them, so they could escalate to Technical a  new request was the Device ID which I did not know what they meant when I asked them to elaborate it was in Help/Technical Info and looked to me like a MAC address, I am a retired IT Manager, wonder why they would want this other than to come in to the TV via the internet to investigate, but they would also need my external IP address and the Internal IP address of the TV. I also assume I would have to let them in through my router firewall, I am on Virgin Media at 100 mbps, all seems very weird just because the HDMI ARC does not work. I have proved the HDMI ARC on the BDV is OK because it worked perfectly with my previous Sony Bravia, purchased at the same time as the BDV-E370, a Panasonic, LG and recently, as asked by them, a Samsung all smart TV's. This is getting really weird.

profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

Thanks for your efforts, Richard, and do keep us posted. My Q Acoustics M2 soundbase has the same syncing issues on my KD-49XG9005 (only turns on with the TV half the time). Be interested to see if what you find out works for me too.

profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

Hi All

Sony have said my TV needs a repair and as I took out an Extended 5 Year Warranty when I purchased the TV in 2018 I hope I will have no problems waiting for an engineer to call.

Can't wait.

profile.country.SE.title
berglake
Explorer