Join now - be part of our community!

Digital Text not working on KD-43XH8096

profile.country.GB.title
Bob1771
Explorer

Digital Text not working on KD-43XH8096

Great TV, but the BBC Red Button / Digital Text functionality does not work. The button is there on the remote, above the Netflix button, but nothing happens when pressed whilst viewing any BBC channels - SD, HD or Radio

Is this simple and basic functionality not yet available for this device?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Bob1771 

‘Red Button’ is a clue - try the red colour button below the Netflix button.

Apropos of the button you have been trying, I am guessing you are on the YouView side of this TV?

If so, try moving to the Freeview side, and then press that button, on SD, HD and Radio, and see what you get.

YouView have spiked this button on SD and HD (though not Radio, and there is some doubt if it ever worked on HD) on their boxes, whereas it isn’t spiked on our Samsung TVs.

And you may find that this dichotomy is carried forward onto the YouView/Freeview behaviour on these Sony TVs.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Bob1771
Explorer

Neither the Red Button nor the "text" button work on BBC channels on either Youview or Freeview sides of the TV

profile.country.GB.title
Bob1771
Explorer

Correction - Red Button does work on SD BBC channels, but not radio. However, it does not open the text interface for news and weather, but opens up i-player instead.

The "text" button does not work, though, for accessing the text interface for news and weather. Has this feature been built on this TV?

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I've heard that the teletext has been removed from 2020 models. But you can use the interactive app: https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep1/v1/en/02-01_03.html?hl=interactive