Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE9005 will play Netflix but says ethernet is not connected

profile.country.NL.title
KD-49XE9005
New

KD-49XE9005 will play Netflix but says ethernet is not connected

Hi everyone,

My KD-49XE9005 is being very annoying. It says it's not connected to ethernet and isn't able to open any apps (prime, disney, youtube). But... when I let the TV check it's connections through troubleshooting in the Help menu, it says the connections are fine. And on top of that Netflix works perfectly!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@KD-49XE9005 

The usual cause of this problem is the time sync going out; the classic ‘tell’ for this is that only Netflix works, out of all your apps.

You have a choice with the time sync for this to be with the broadcast signal, or the network time. And the usual issue here is that you have it set to broadcast sync, but are running the TV without an aerial, and so you need to switch to network sync.

Ring any bells?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.NL.title
KD-49XE9005
New

@royabrown2

That must it! I tried to change the time settings, but they're all greyed out (except changing 24 hour format). It uses automatic broadcast time now, and the time and date are off (1 January 2016).

Would you know how to change it? Maybe reset to factory settings?

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, if you can't change it try clearing cache and data first, then a full factory reset if that's still the issue.