Join now - be part of our community!

Sound bar home screen

profile.country.GB.title
ish234
New

Sound bar home screen

Afternoon people. I have a Bravia KD49xh81 tv with a HTZF9 sound bar attached. Sound is ok but would like to fine tune it only problem being I can not get the home screen of the soundbar to come up on the TV . Any idea what is wrong please ???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@ish234 

How have you connected the two together? You need to be using an HDMI cable plugged into the eARC HDMI input on the TV for this to work.

As per (e.g.)

If connecting the system and TV by using the BLUETOOTH function, you cannot display the operation screen for the system such as the home menu on the TV screen, and use the function of the system other than the listening function for the sound of the TV or device that is connected to the TV.
To use all the functions of the system, connect the system and TV with the HDMI cable (not supplied). For details about connections and operations to listen to TV sound by connecting with the HDMI cable, refer to Startup Guide (separate document).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Ish234, they need to be connected via HDMI, check page 16 on the Manual to know more: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4727/d1ff451e44dc39fc895aec29e654d9a6/47275332M...