Join now - be part of our community!

XH90 Freesat EPG Missing BBC1 & 2

profile.country.GB.title
bluesxman
Explorer

XH90 Freesat EPG Missing BBC1 & 2

I've tuned in my satellite using the Freesat setup option. It all works fine except BBC1 and BBC2 only show now and next in the EPG, nothing for later programmes. Other channels (including other BBC ones) are fine.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how to sort it?

TV is KD55-XH9005.

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
ed.boswell
Explorer

I’ve got a similar problem, but worse, when I scan all the channels I only get ITV HD and all the rubbish shopping channels - but no BBC channels or channel 4. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hello ed.boswell,

Make sure to get your TV up to date. The latest version supposed to be (v6.0466) and try to retune the channels again.

-Piscie

profile.country.GB.title
Bodger63
Explorer

I have just bought the same tv XH9505. It came with no freesat but update added this. I have no epg whatsoever on satellite or freesat just no information showing.The satellite set up is fine as I run other sat boxes with quad tuners installed.It’s a bit disappointing when you expect to record with the extra connection but impossible without a epg timeline. Considering returning this tv now.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Bodger63, I'm not sure if I got this right, do you have satellite box?

profile.country.GB.title
Bodger63
Explorer

I have satellite boxes in other rooms that work really well with epg coming from several sources. The satellite epg on this TV has no information showing unless you select a channel then you get now and next on that channel only.

profile.country.GB.title
Michael.C
Explorer

Hi @bluesxman 

Do you leave the TV on standby when not in use or do you turn it off at the wall? I was having the same issue as you (see my earlier posts) but since leaving the TV on at the wall at night my 7 day EPG for BBC channels seems to remain fully populated.

Worth a try?

profile.country.GB.title
bluesxman
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I always leave it on standby, so it's not that. I've now resigned myself to having to continue to use the external freesat box, which I hoped this tv would replace.

profile.country.GB.title
Michael.C
Explorer

I think I spoke to soon! The guide for BBC channels is now back to just Now and Next. ☹️

It's strange how it just randomly starts to work.

Piscie
Community Team

HI,

What is the current software version on your TV? and are you facing this issue since day 1?