Join now - be part of our community!

Dark screen sony vaio pcg 61211m vpcea2c5e

profile.country.en_GB.title
jpfaustino
Visitor

Dark screen sony vaio pcg 61211m vpcea2c5e

HI my name is Joao, i have a sony vaio pcg 61211m and recently i broke the screen, i order a new one from ebay and replaced it, the problem is i can see something on the screen but the image is too dark and even if a change the brightness it doesn't help..

I dont know if i need to buy anything else beside the screen... if someone could help i would aprecciate it.

Thank you

Joao

Message was edited by: jpfaustino

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed users surname to protect users identity

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Joao and welcome.

Is the image very dark?  It sounds like the backlight is not working.  Perhaps you have disconnected the wiring to the inverter when you changed the screen? 

Does the image appear normal on an external monitor?

It looks like you may have to take the screen apart again to recheck the wiring or replace the inverter.

:thinking:

jpfaustino
Visitor

Hi yes the image is ok on a external monitor.

Ok so is it possible to tell me where the inverter is ?? because when a switch the screens i only saw one cable and it connects to the botom part of the screen

Thank you again

jpfaustino
Visitor

hi again, is it possible that i have the wrong screen ? i just unpluged it and everything seems to be connected..

i took a picture of the laptop without the screen, could

someone help me to see if i am missing anything ? the only cable i see that connects to the screen is the one highlighted on the picture.

Again thanks for any help

Best Regards

Joao

IMAG1900.jpg

jpfaustino
Visitor

anyone can give me a hint please ?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The inverter will look something like this:

inverter.JPG

It will have a cable connection at both ends – left side to video cable and right side to the backlight tube.

You would presumably have to of disconnect this when removing the old screen...

If it is present and connected properly there is a possibility that it is faulty or one of the ribbon cables is damaged.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi  Joao,

Yes there is a strong possibility that there is no inverter as it's LED and would therefore use DC power, but may have some sort of controller board - sorry I have no experience of these screens...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jpfaustino
Visitor

That's what i thought as i couldn't find the inverter.but i have no idea what it might be...

Thank any way for your help.

Best regards

Joao

jpfaustino
Visitor

Hello again everyone i spoke with the seller and i was told to send the new screen back and he would send me a new one, i am not sure the problem is with the screen... because if i plug the old (damagde one) it doens't have backlight either... any advice ? should i ask the seller to send a replacement ?

Appreciate any help

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Joao,

As stated previously I have no experience with LED screens but research suggests that there is a possibility that either there is a fault with the cabling or, more likely, a fuse on the motherboard has blown.

The following thread from Notebook Review refers to a Dell model but presumably the technology will be similar and may throw some light (no pun intended) on your problem.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/478489-inspiron-1545-led-screen-no-backlig...

I would first try another screen if the supplier is willing to exchange at no cost and if this still fails to work then contact a competent repairer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat