Join now - be part of our community!

Dark screen sony vaio pcg 61211m vpcea2c5e

profile.country.en_GB.title
jpfaustino
Visitor

Dark screen sony vaio pcg 61211m vpcea2c5e

HI my name is Joao, i have a sony vaio pcg 61211m and recently i broke the screen, i order a new one from ebay and replaced it, the problem is i can see something on the screen but the image is too dark and even if a change the brightness it doesn't help..

I dont know if i need to buy anything else beside the screen... if someone could help i would aprecciate it.

Thank you

Joao

Message was edited by: jpfaustino

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed users surname to protect users identity

15 REPLIES 15
jpfaustino
Visitor

Hi Rich good morning, i will try a new screen and changing the cables and then still doens't work i will try to find a repairer as i am not very confident trying to fix the fuse on the motherboard.

Thank you for your help

Joao

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good luck Joao, and please let us know the outcome as this will no doubt be of help to other members.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jpfaustino
Visitor

Hi, thank you for your reply,

But  when a switched the old screen the only cable i unpluged was the one i highlighted on the photo, i was looking for the inverter but i cant find it... Sorry... is it possible that it doesnt have an inverter because it is an LED screen ?

Thank you

Joao

Message was edited by: jpfaustino

jpfaustino
Visitor

No problem as soon as i have something i will post it. from what i read i am not the only one with this issue.

Thank you

Joao

KatherineYH
Visitor

Hi, thanks for that advice...that's the closest theory so far and I will def do what you recommend!

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Just came onto the site and came across this. I had same problem with a screen. Scenario for this model is that it has a built in fuse that has blown. Only way I could sort it was take it to a shop and they new the problem and soldered the fuse as you cannot purchase one. Be carefule when fitting screen and make sure battery is removed and unit is fully powered down.