Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
Techlux
Explorer

Assign volume button of remote control to digital output volume 43x8305c

Android TV 43x8305

It would be very nice if the volume button of the remote control can be assigned to the volume of the optical output.

The optical output volume can be adjusted by going into the volume settings of the android TV and before achieve that you have to go by a lot of menu's (action menu->sound->advanced->digital vol->adjusting the volume)

My soundsystem includes only a DAC (digital to analog converter for high-end sound), very minimalistic and sleek, no volume button on it neither a remote control. So for these kind of simply setups, with or whithout a remote control of an attached digital sound system, it would be nice to have control with only one remote! 

I know there is that option IF you have a specific sound system with ARC HDMI. But I only use the optical sound output (no hdmi).

I always hoped to see this possibility (again, control the optical output with the remote volume botton instead of controlling the volume of the tv speakers) each firmware update. 

P.S.: in settings we have to choose between 'tv speaker' or 'sound system'. Maybe the volume button can be automatically adjusted to 'tv speaker' or 'sound system'.

https://youtu.be/hm2luZorj7w 

Who Me Too'd this topic