Join now - be part of our community!

Never again!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Dunn2621
New

Never again!!!!!

I agree with many people on here that I will never buy another SONY TV again.

I had a Bravia for many years before buying a Samsung (both of which worked faultlessly for many years) but since spending £1500 to “upgrade” I’ve had nothing but issues.

Turns off on its own,decides I now live 300 miles away from where I set it up for tv listings every few days,ok one minute then tells me there is no signal etc etc etc

A total nightmare and I wish I’d never set eyes on the thing.

Spoke to the chat line today to try and sort out these gremlins again;he suggested a factory reset which I did again now it’s saying there is no signal etc at all even though before the reset there was.

I would seriously advise anybody thinking of buying one DONT.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@Dunn2621 what's the TV model ?

profile.country.GB.title
Dunn2621
New

XR-55A84J

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Well it is certainly not a typical case for Sony TVs, they sell millions of them every year.

How old is this TV, is it still under warranty.

The first thing you should do if it is still under warranty is contact whoever sold you the TV.

Get them to send out a TV engineer to check the TV over, they will most likely

plug the TV into their laptop and be able to identify the problem in seconds if not minutes.

I don't think there is ever any point in phoning in to 'chat' lines, they will only ever tell you

to restart the TV or Factory Reset.

It is better to take direct action through the reseller after all that is who your contract is with.

If this TV is under 30 days old you should be able to get a replacement or a full refund.

profile.country.GB.title
Dunn2621
New

Hi there,

And therein is the issue as it was brought direct from Sony who I contacted
via there chat line.
They told me even though my product was registered with them when I got it
they can’t tell me if it’s out of warranty as they can’t access that
information due to privacy issues !
So I’m pretty much knackered.
So as I say never again.
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

When you bought the TV were you not told if it came with a one year warranty or a five year warranty.

Was there no information from Sony on how to get in touch to ask for a warranty repair.

Where is your receipt/ paperwork that you got when you made the purchase

When you registered the product did you get a number you can quote to Sony when you get in touch.

Have you tried this link,

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=televisions-projectors2&tab=Tips&act=cls

Ignore the Chat, try e-mail, and then there is the warranty checker on the right.

Would have been far better off buying from retail stores who offer you better warranties and service, and often prices are cheaper than Sony.