Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8.1 on VAIO Pro 13

Windows 8.1 on VAIO Pro 13

Good morning,

I wondered if anyone had found a way to install Windows 8.1 on the new Haswell VAIO Pro 13s? When I've tried to install the release version there is a problem with the graphics driver that makes the built in display totally corrupt. Using the Windows 8 video driver and telling windows not to automatically update drivers causes all sorts of problems making the computer run hardly any software. Anyone know of any updated Sony drivers for the GPU that'll fix this. or know of any fixes at all?

Cheers,

Davy.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
deejohnny

Have a look on notebook review forum http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony-owners-lounge-forum/718043-sony-vaio-duo-13-owners-thread-136.h... scroll down to post #1359 he seems to have fixed a similar problem on the Vaio Duo 13.

I'd tried that but many programme simply fail to run because some of the features of the Windows 8.1 driver are not supported by the older drivers.

When I was running win 8.1 with that driver programs would crash all the time and many just would refuse to run. It was a total disaster and I had to reinstall v8.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it just doesn't work.

Cheers,
Davy.
Odskikov
New

I also upgraded my vaio pro 13 to 8.1 Have not had any issues to speak of. Exept one. I am now unable to run recovery. It tells me a partition is missing. Have any of you had the same experience?

profile.country.GB.title
daviessteve66

Just use the Windows reset function in 8.1.
It will restore your PC to Windows 8. Then the recovery utility will work